Additional grants are now open. Non-profit organizations delivering programs and services to our neighbors in Muscatine County are encouraged to apply.
The Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine provides critical funding to the community’s most immediate needs and promising opportunities and $100,000 of grant funding is available.
Grants are available up to $10,000 per program, and focus areas include arts, education, human service, culture, environment, heritage and health. Due to the current circumstances, priority will be given to applicants demonstrating a need for funding related to COVID-19.
Additional grants are also available:
• Hilda E. Collitz for the Homeless – up to $7,300 available. This bequest provides grants to prevent homelessness in Muscatine County.
• Hilda E. Collitz for Housing – up to $7,300 available. This bequest provides grants in the Greater Muscatine area for the acquisition of land and/or construction of living spaces to prevent homelessness.
• George Millett Memorial – up to $6,000 available. A gift from the estate of George Millett is used to benefit those with mental disabilities in Muscatine County.
• Ray Hockersmith Memorial – up to $4,600 available. This fund provides grants for the benefit of the blind, vision impaired or disabled children under the age of 15 to experience special recreational activities.
• Pat and Jim Powers Endowment – up to $600 available. This fund provides grants aimed at providing mental health programs and services.
• Joe W. and Betty L. Rauch Memorial Endowment – up to $1,500 available. This fund provides grants focused on youth-based community priorities.
• West Liberty Community Fund Grants - The grant is aimed at high impact charitable activities for West Liberty, with a priority given to youth. Up to $3,000 is available.
• Community Continuity Grants - This fund was opened March 17, to assist nonprofits and support the immediate and emerging needs of vulnerable individuals and families in Muscatine County caused by coronavirus containment efforts. Decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Applications for the grants listed above are available on-line at www.muscatinecommunityfoundation.org/county-endowment-re-granting-program/