MUSCATINE — Over $900,000 in scholarships have been awarded to Columbus Community, Louisa-Muscatine, Muscatine, Wapello and Wilton High School graduates, and Muscatine Community College students this year.
The Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine, and our affiliate the Community Foundation of Louisa County, awarded over half a million dollars in scholarships. Muscatine Community College Foundation and Muscatine Community School District also awarded additional scholarships in partnership with the Community Foundation.
“We are so thankful for the generosity of donors who make these scholarship awards possible,” said Lynsey Krusie, Program Manager. “Graduating seniors benefit greatly from the support of the community to lessen the financial burden of postsecondary education.”
Supporters such as Bob and JoAnn Jensen present their scholarship awards to recipients each year. “Our family-owned business, Temp Associates & RJK, Inc., has been in business for 35 years and this is an opportunity for our family to give back to Muscatine area communities,” said Bob and JoAnn.
The Temp Associates and RJK, Inc. Scholarship awards are presented to graduating seniors from three area high schools, including awards to four graduates of Muscatine High School, one graduate of Louisa-Muscatine, and one award to a Wilton graduate. These scholarships are $4,000 each year, and are renewable for an additional three years, for a total value of $16,000. Recipients, or a family member, have all worked for Temp Associates.
Scholarships awarded by the Community Foundation and its donors, and the award recipients for West Liberty and Wilton schools, are listed below:
West Liberty High School
• Muscatine County Soil & Water Conservation District’s Ralph L. Kirchner Memorial Scholarship: Janey Gingerich
Wilton High School
• Frank and Carrie Townsend and Ruth Townsend Scholarship: Joshua Hunter, Zoe Barrett, Josie Said, Meggan Hook, Chloe Wells, Chase Garvin, Elizabeth Hugunin, Rebekah Imhoff, Gracie Koele, Tessa Bartell, Silas Harris, Ryan Boeding, Kael Brisker, Natalie Hughes, Makinzie Harker, Ryleigh Stevens, Emily Coss, Ansley Boorn, Mila Johnson, Mea Burkle, Colby Sawvell
• Frank and Carrie Townsend and Ruth Townsend Scholarship – Vocational/Technical /Trade: Mason Nolte, Colton Cruse, and Gage Hagen
• Grimm and Pennington Family Scholarship (new in 2021): Josie Said
• Temp Associates and RJK, Inc. Scholarship: Zoe Barrett
• Toyota of Muscatine Scholarship: Joshua Hunter
• Whetstine Family Scholarship: Elizabeth Hugunin
These scholarship awards are made possible by donors and scholarship fund holders. For more information about establishing a scholarship fund or donating, call the Community Foundation office at 563-264-3863 or visit our website www.muscatinecommunityfoundation.org.