Keyword: Kim Reynolds
124 results total, viewing 1 - 12
A majority of Iowa’s healthcare providers believe privatized Medicaid has failed to live up to the promise of improved, more accessible medical care. more
Iowa restaurants and bars will face $1,000 fines and possible license suspensions for violating the state’s social-distancing and cleaning requirements, state officials announced Thursday. more
"Please join us in thanking and recognizing Reps. Paustian and Mommsen. Iowa’s animal cruelty laws would not have been improved this year without them and their colleagues taking positive action at the Iowa Statehouse ..." more
About 83 percent of North Scott students surveyed plan a return to classrooms Aug. 25, and district leaders will decide this week if the remaining 17 percent will get online education from North Scott teachers, or a contracted firm. more
The ink hadn't dried and the North Scott Activity Calendar that's part of your paper today hadn't been stitched and trimmed – before the football schedule that's in it was obsolete, thanks to a decision by the Iowa High School Athletic Association. more
Iowa’s state leaders might benefit from a brief lesson from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. more
"After saying that school boards, administrators, teachers, and families were best suited to make decisions on how best to reopen schools, Gov. Reynolds changed her mind and reclaimed authority of the process. Countless hours spent by all these stakeholders, all dissolved by executive order ..." more
July 26, 1995: The Blue Grass Sunshine Workers 4-H club celebrated its 75th anniversary. Zella Steffen and Minnie Kistenmacher, two founding members of the club, were special guests at the meeting. more
If you can’t control the disease, bury the details. more
This week, Secretary of State Paul Pate brought forward an emergency order to address mailing absentee ballot requests for the 2020 General Election in November. more
North Scott school families are invited to a public forum Tuesday, July 28, to discuss the district's back-to-school plan. Superintendent Joe Stutting on Wednesday said board members dropped plans for a public vote on masks. He said board members in individual phone calls after Tuesday's meeting deferred to his decision to require masks when school resumes. more
Even though there will be countless challenges and changes to be dealt with over the next two weeks as the nation continues to stave off COVID-19, North Scott officials will determine a course of action for the upcoming school year on Aug. 1. more
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 11 | Next »
Currently viewing stories posted within the past year.
For all older stories, please use our advanced search.