Our Past

Donahue Tap burns to the ground

Compiled by Linda Tubbs
Posted 2/27/19

March 1, 1979: Firefighters from Donahue, Eldridge, Long Grove and Dixon responded to a fire at the Donahue Tap but could not save the 45-year-old structure. Don and Sue Hagan lost their home and all the contents. Don Altenhofen’s barbershop and $5,000 worth of equipment owned by the Donahue Sportsmen were also destroyed in the fire.

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue


Log in